Notice of clinical determination letter availability on Portal
Thursday, April 21, 2016
As previously announced, effective April 22, 2016, chiropractic, physical therapy, and occupational therapy clinical determination letters will no longer be faxed or mailed to providers unless an “online waiver” is approved and on file with OptumHealth Care Solutions, Inc. (Optum). Providers will be able to view and print online Optum clinical determination letters at www.myoptumhealthphysicalhealth.com.
Benefits of online access and self-service of clinical determination letters include:
- Decreased provider administrative cost (eliminates fax printing, increases ease of access)
- Convenient and secure access to determinations
- Decreased receipt time of determinations
Members will continue to receive clinical determination letters via mail.
The following steps describe how to access the Provider Portal and view/print Optum clinical determination letters:
1. Go to www.myoptumhealthphysicalhealth.com
2. Enter your provider ID & password
3. If you need a provider ID or password, click below the login button
4. Click “Clinical Subs & Claims”
5. Click “Clinical Sub Status”
6. Select applicable search criteria: authorization date(s), patient name(s), patient date of birth
7. Click “Letter” to view and/or print clinical determination letter
We appreciate your ongoing commitment to providing quality-focused services. If you have questions regarding online submissions, accessing clinical determination letters, or if you have Internet connectivity issues, please contact Provider Services at (800) 873-4575. Visit Optum online at www.myoptumhealthphysicalhealth.com for your Provider ID & password. For one-to-one website instruction, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Optum Clinical Operations